Firsy day mark of my training for AWUM (All women Ultra Marathon 50 Km Run in Cebu) and my weightloss journey.

All my life i've been weighing over the weight indexed for my age.  I've had several attempts to trim down, however, I failed. Just in time,  AWUM registration flooded the feed of every female ultra runners (if you successfully register - which I did, then prepare for the big event on 9 March 2019) so it came to me, I'll train and hopefully get that ageless bod as well. Easy to sound but it will be a hell of work, real hard run and sweat-like popcorn.

Today was a "rain-sun-rain" kind of day. I have to dance with the weather tempo and find the right timing to be able to run. Luckily, around 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon, the rain stopped - time to put the kicks on.

"Don't let the rain stops you from doing what your heart desires to achieve - do not make it an excuse to cheat on your goal, instead learn how to improvise - play along!"

Uphill Run on Day One

I was taking advantage of the timing that the rain had stopped. To start, I need a 5km run but have  to choose a route that will beat me hard - makes me sweat and ache in no time.
Diversion road rolling hill was perfect. The struggle was real as I ascend the first elevation, an almost 500 meter stretch, I was panting, short in breath and profusely sweating, but this is part of the deal. Who says it will be a bed of roses. Still, I managed to reach the top in one piece. The downhill was a relief, it did relaxed my soring leg muscles and calm my breathing rhythm, however, my mind was already calculating how to reach the top of the next elevation, 1km more or less elevated stretch - indeed a helly climb I thought. Power walk and slow jog combined, I made it again. And so on, until the 3rd and 4th elavation and vice versa. Around 6:00 o'clock PM, i decided to call it a day.
Physically, it was exhausting! But the satisfaction and the sense of achievement was overwhelming. Made it through my first day. I know "eighty four days" is such a long journey. I will just take each step one day at a time. No fixed game plan. I'll  have fun and learn the language of my body. Adapt to circumstances that may hinder on my goal realization - devise and revise each day.

Meal Plan for the day:

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 bananas and coffee (valentus slimroast coffee)
Lunch - 1/4cup rice, 1 leg fried chicken and banana
Dinner - Yogurt and Apple

*I do not skip meals. And mostly my dinner is at 5:30 o'clock. But today since I did an afternoon run, had it at 7:00 PM.

*Do warm up exercises before you run, prepare your leg muscles always before beating it hard.

Personal fave is the forward lunge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay

Valentus Slimroast Coffee Review

How does Running Helps Your Faith Stronger?