What to do to beat stress from work?


"Rest if you must but don't you quit" - Vic Johnson


Everyday hustle in court drives you exhausted, in all aspect. Sometimes we do fantasize of having a week off - free to travel, relax and just sleep the day out. In my line of job, you can't just go off. You have to consider the load for the week, if it is light then you can file a leave of absence, however, still, your application is at the mercy of your presiding judge if he is going to approve it - pray that he is in good mood when you're planning on tendering an application for leave on his table (Just kidding)
Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I am deeply thankful that because of it, bread and butter is always on the table. It's just that, stress, in this kind of job is a reality.
"Breathe in peace, breathe out stress"
We all know for a fact that too much stress causes several health problems. That's why we need to - it is a must - learn the ways to combat the everyday hustle. What should we do in order to drag ourselves to last the week energized and still in the light mood?


ENGAGE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

It is a common knowledge that exercise boosts mood and energy. Make it a number one priority in your day to day list. Personally, I tried squezzing in my running routine to my daily activity, I can't run early in the morning due to my motherhood duties so I'm doing it after work.  This is my daily dose of  'happy vitamin'.  An hour or forty minutes run in the evening is all I need to sweat up and I'm done for the day.

We have different preferences, others may opt for workout in gym, others do "at home work-out", zumba, yoga, pilates and other top notched programs. Whatever choice you have, engage on it. That is for your health and fitness sake.
"I do believe that 30-minute-sweat-session a day takes the bad mood away."

DO YOUR "THING" WITH A GROUP

I am a running mom. This is my "thing" that put balance from work and my personal life. I am not doing it alone, I have a running community. At weekends, we do a group run - tasked to do a 20km distance run, afterwhich, we eat, sit, and laugh at each other.

Connect and interact with people who engages with the same passion that you have. Busy you may be but find time to keep in touch with other people. This will keep us sane, I tell you. No matter how hardtasked you are, give yourself a bit of fresh air. Dealing with clients is tight but dealing with individuals who share the same interest with you - is a relief. You get to loosen your tie and be the relaxed person you, sometimes, dream to be.
"Loosening up, sometimes, is all we need to see things in a better perspective"
Be the queen or king once in a while. You owe this to yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay

Valentus Slimroast Coffee Review

How does Running Helps Your Faith Stronger?